You’re invited to the First Friday festivities in Downtown Los Altos on October 4th, 2013 from 6-10pm. The evening packs in great activities for visitors of all ages. You can browse and shop at the open stores and galleries, many providing First Friday discounts and scrumptious refreshments and beverages. While strolling, listen to creative musicians throughout downtown. Some of this month’s lineup includes:
- Transitive Closure
- The 37th Parallel
- Jonathan Luxton
- Los Altos Chamber Players The Potentials
- Katherine Healzer, Harpist
This First Friday will also have a festive Bier and Weingarten from 8-10pm behind the Costume Bank, 169 State St. There will be a fun Bavarian band, snacks, and plenty of beverages. Come on over after you’ve enjoyed the First Friday activities.
The First Friday headquarters is in the same location as the Bier and Weingarten, behind the Costume Bank at 169 State Street. Come here to pick up programs, get information, and register for the drawing.
Mark your calendar for this fun evening, beginning at 6pm. And as always, over 20 downtown restaurants will be open and serving a wide selection of cuisines. There is plenty of free parking.
First Fridays are sponsored by the following generous merchants and organizations:
- Gold Sponsors: BK Collections, Los Altos Community Chiropractic, Los Altos Community Foundation, Los Altos Town Crier, Los Altos Downtown Property owners, Nature Gallery, Passerelle Investment Company, and Wilbur Properties.
- Silver Sponsors: Area 151, Assistance League of Los Altos Costume Bank, Bumble Café, Fast Frame, Fiesta Vallarta, Gallery 9 Los Altos, Gordon Biersch, Los Altos Hardware, Lulu’s, Maltby’s, Play Los Altos, Red Racer Hobby Shop, The Alley Burgerhouse, and The Makery.
Some of the participating merchants include:
- Adventure Toys
- Apricot Lane
- Area 151
- Assistance League of Los Altos Costume Bank
- Atelier Gray
- Barbara Small, Esq. and Chico Myers, Esq. and 166 Main Attorneys
- Baskin Robbins Los Altos
- BK Collections
- Bumble Café
- Gallery 9 Los Altos
- Gourmet Works
- JB&B Jewelers
- Nature Gallery
- On Your Mark
- Peninsula Beauty Supply
- Play Los Altos
- Red Racer
- The Botanist
- The Makery
- Viewpoints Gallery
- Village Stationers
- Yum Yum Tree
First Fridays are organized by Los Altos Forward, a volunteer group dedicated to promoting vibrancy in our downtown. First Fridays are one of the group’s initiatives and provide a fun, social, and community-building evening for residents of Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and surrounding communities. For more information about First Fridays visit losaltosfirstfriday.org or email email@example.com .
Los Altos Forward is a program of the Los Altos Community Foundation, www.losaltoscf.org .